Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Reflections on Graduation

Hello gentle readers...lol,

I am writing this just getting back from a 3 day hiking trip with one of my best friends in the Moshannon State forest in North Central PA. Although i am a little sore from the trip, it did give me valuable time to reflect on what my time at Westminster College was like, how graduation felt, and a chance to really think about the "Million Dollar Question": What are you going to do with the rest of your life?

Well first things first. Westminster College has been a home away from home for me for the past 4 years...and to read further on my feelings about mother fair...refer to my last post. The long and short of my feelings for Westminster is this: I love WC, its given me the opportunity to get a good job, and i will always keep her dear in my heart---as well as the people and experiences.

Now on to graduation. The main feeling behind the day, was "Is this really happening?" All throughout the ceremony i kept on thinking wow--this isn't happening. It honestly felt like i was a third party viewer-watching the commencement take place. I did not feel like i was there. It still does not. But i thought the service was beautiful, and it was a nice cap to the 4 years spent at WC to have it outside-that was a gift from God. I wish many other classes in the future to have the same beautiful weather!

To answer the million dollar question: I do not know. My plans are to get a job in whatever field i can---communications related--that allows me to have a decent pay and insurance. To me, those are the most important things on my dockett right now. I will keep alive in broadcasting, by picking up a weekend shift or board-opping position somewhere(my plan) but that will not be my main focus. Eventually, Christopher Zinkham, Andrew Caldwell, and myself will officially start BeachCreek Productions, in which we hope to make a profit by doing advertising--if anything, it will be a fun little hobby for the three of us. We have thrown around the idea of making short films---IF we can afford it. An ultimate dream for us would be to either produce commercials for a large humber of clients, or just a few large clients. Then make a feature length film. But these things right now are dreams...we will start small and on the side. Heck, we're only 22 years old...we have time :)

I will keep updating this blog for all who read it, and occasionaly add videos of our c ommercials or anything like that. Thanks for your continued reading...hope you enjoy it.

God Bless,

Brian Campbell
-Class of '06

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Brad W. said...

Did you go back to Mississippi on the post grad work trip? Or are you in NY State now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home